Musically, Mary was highly influenced by her siblings (9) and comes with over 15 years experience doing a progressive music podcast. An avid album listener, she’s been known to play one in its entirety!
Listen for lots of local Portland, Oregon area bands… progressive music is alive and well here!!
ProgRock.com has a new look and feel! We hope you have enjoyed the new website over the past couple of weeks including the new station logo and art design from Mark Buckingham.
Mark Buckingham is most well-known for his work with DC Comics and Marvel. Most recently, he has designed album covers for The Fierce & the Dead, Valdez, and The Tangent. We are excited to display his art on ProgRock.com.
We have taken your feedback from last summer’s survey and used it to make upgrades to both the station and the website. Your feedback helped us introduce the following:
- New 192kb stream (launched in February)
- The latest prog related news (now viewable on our home page)
- Links to our DJ’s websites
Keep your eyes open for additional improvements to the website along with even more new features over the coming weeks.
We had an amazingly strong response from ProgRock.com’s first official listener survey with over 200 respondents, so thanks everyone for participating. We really appreciate the feedback. As we update and rebrand the station website, we will be incorporating your feedback to improve your experience with the station.
And now, for the long promised results in bullet form….
- Two-thirds of respondents listen to the station at least once per week.
- Respondents listen to prog rock in a variety of formats. Respondents who listen to the station least are primarily splitting their time between Podcasts, Other Internet Radio Stations and Streaming Services.
- Over half of respondents listen to the live stream (no DJ). Many respondents have the stream going all day, at work or whenever they are at home.
- Top live shows listened to are Check it Out w/ DJ Peter Prog, Music in Widescreen w/ DJs Mark & Rayna, When Prog & Power Unite w/ DJ Nick and Throwback Thursday
- We asked about future audio options for an improved listening experience. The station currently broadcasts at 128 kbs.
- Almost 2/3 of listeners are interested in a higher-quality stream (192 kbs)
- Only 10% of respondents are interested in a lower-quality stream (64 kbs)
- ProgRock.com website -Latest Prog Related News, New Music and New Additions to the Station are top interests to include on the ProgRock.com website beyond what respondents currently see.
- We also got some good write-ins on this one including – links to DJ podcasts, notification for “DJ now on AIR!”, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame petitions, and spot to requests artists not currently in the station library.
- Respondents not listening to ProgRock.com are more likely to be listening via their own music collection via media player/CD/record, etc.
- Respondents who don’t listen to the station either have never heard of ProgRock.com or do not listen to internet radio. Several write-ins that respondents will listen now that they are aware of the station.
- Most respondents are long-time listeners of prog rock – Almost 40% have been listening since the 70s
- A significant number of listeners, however, are newer to the genre, with 20% listening since 2000 or later.
- Not surprisingly, most respondents (about ¾) who listen to the station are also over the age of 45
- About 10% of listeners who responded are female.